Styling homes with all white rooms is becoming a trend these days, however there is still some apprehension around it. A lot of people do not consider white as a color. There is a belief that if there is no color hue means the walls are bare and a worry that the house may look unfinished. So today I wanted to share with you ‘13 Reasons To Love White Wall Rooms’.
Also at the end there is a before-after makeover of a room, which shows what paint can do to transform a room.
1) Light & Airy: White is the best color to reflect light and hence makes the room look brighter and more open. It’s a trick to make small spaces look bigger than they actually are. I love it when rooms with big large windows have white walls, which reflect all the beautiful beaming sunlight that comes in. ( Pic: 1/2)
2) Makes artwork stand out: You can literally put any kind of artwork on these walls. Weather it’s a big painting or a gallery wall, everything looks good on what is essentially a blank canvas. This can also be useful when you want to change your artwork and put something else. You don’t have to think if it’s going to match your color.(Pic:1,2)
3) Allows hardwood floors to shine: Any kind of floor would look good with white walls, including tiles. But I personally love how they highlight the dark coffee-colored hardwood floors. Any kind of dark shade would look good and will be noticed because of the contrast. After all who wouldn’t want to show off their gorgeous wood floors, right? (Pic: 1,2)
4) Goes with Neutrals: They are also perfect and easily blend in with neutral tones. So if you like light-colored wood tones for your furniture and beige or gray textiles, you are good to go. Accents with pastels go well with this kind of look. Pic
5) Makes furniture stand out: My style would be more like these pictures where I would love pops of colors instead of neutrals. But I would also like the option of switching certain pieces when I wanted to. For e.g. If I want to change my navy sofa into an ash gray color, I wouldn’t have to worry about what color wall I have. (Pic:1,2)
6) Highlights accented walls: Sometimes all white can become uninteresting and you would want to bring in some color to create some visual interest. The best way to do that would be to get an accent wall. A blush pink with other walls as white would look great. And so would a black or navy. The point being you can choose any color to your accent when the rest of the base is white. ( Pic:1,2)
7) Perfect for photography: This one is mainly for bloggers and photographers, who live for good lighting. A big window and white walls is a perfect set-up and backdrop for any kind of photo-shoot. You can then style it the way you want. Remember all those instagram posts against white walls? (Pic)
8) Creates Contrast: When a room is white and reflects so much light, it makes all your furniture stand out. All the accessories like flowers, fruits, paintings, books everything will get noticed since the walls would create a contrast. (Pic)
9) A perfect Backdrop for your Plants: Any kind of decor or styling looks incomplete without plants or greens. They just bring a freshness to the room, which cannot be substituted by anything else. A lot of people are hesitant to grow greens inside with the fear that they may die if not watered regularly. Don’t worry in such cases succulents do the trick. They don’t need watering everyday and still give you the green element you need. Plants cut the visual monotony of rooms and give them a character. (Pic)
10) Looks Clean: Nothing looks cleaner than a white kitchen or bathroom, period. Sometimes,white rooms actually create an illusion of looking clean. Even a little messy room would seem to be cleaner if the walls were white as opposed to a colored room. Although white can be difficult to maintain at times, the look is totally worth it. (Pic: 1,2)
11) Looks Luxurious: Since white makes rooms look bigger, they automatically give a feeling of grandeur. Bedrooms are supposed to look luxurious. They are the rooms where you rest and reboot. Visual comfort is directly related to how feel. It’s so important to have a good night’s sleep in order to perform your best during the day. In order to do that, you have to give yourselves that sense of luxury and calm and peace. For me, a white room, a bed with layers of light linens, white textured pillows, light and sheer white curtains is just the perfect image of all that. (Pic:1,2)
12) Blends with different styles: White rooms can be styled in different ways. From modern sleek to contemporary homes to rustic style homes. A lot of Scandinavian and European interior designs reflect this trend. I love the way this all white bedroom with the exposed wooden beams from an AirBnb in Amsterdam looks.(Pic:1,2)
13) Draws attention to outside views: If you are lucky enough to have a great view outside your homes, white walls are very helpful in drawing your attention outside. They help in visually bringing outside in. (Pic:1,2)
I wanted to share these pictures showing different design styles with y’all to show you that there is so much you can do with furniture, textiles and styling to make your rooms feel beautiful while still keeping your walls white. I think I’m going to love this trend for a long time.
To try this trend for your homes, you can start by one room at a time to see if you like the change. You can even try styling it in different styles to match your taste. And like all interior designers say, painting a room will not only show maximum transformation but will also be easy on your budget. Here is a before and after I found that shows this change. I love how this transformation turned out. The furniture choices and modeling by (Amber Interiors) is very well executed(Pic)